Available along with other return to school resources on the COVID19
- Preparing for Return to In-Person Learning in February: Parent Tip Sheet
Return to School During COVID-19: Mental Health & Well-Being Resources – Mental Health & Well-Being – London District Catholic School Board - LDCSBJust for Students. COVID19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub. Jack.org, School Mental Health Ontario and Kids Help Phone . Jack.org, School Mental Health Ontario and Kids Help Phone have partnered to bring you all the information needed in one easy-to-access hub so that youth can access the education, tools, support and reliable information you need. Take care of yourself, and each other.
Resources for the Lenten Season
Further to the great engagement and feedback the London Diocese received about the Lenten Resources created to encourage families to pray together during the Lenten season; similar Easter Resources have been uploaded to the Diocese of London website.
Resources include, in English and French:
• (Script) Liturgy of the Word for Easter Sunday
• (Vdieo) Easter Sunday Gospel Reflection by Auxiliary Bishop Joseph Dabrowski, CSMA
Auxiliary Bishop Joseph Dabrowski's Easter Reflection for Families (English)
Auxiliary Bishop Joseph Dabrowski's Easter Reflection for Families (French)
Everything can be accessed in both languages here: https://dol.ca/easter
Two notable credits:
• The Reflection videos include a short animation of Bishop Joseph. This would not have been possible without Dorothy de Bakker sharing her talent. Great thanks!
• All other art in the Reflection was sourced from Danielle Hitchen, author of the Baby Believer series of Catechesis Books. My little ones love her board books and (sometimes free) printable colouring pages. They also make a beautiful Scripture/image display of our family prayer space. Check them all out at https://www.catechesisbooks.com/
Information for Parents of SMH Students
As a parent of one or more of our students, you are an important partner to us. We see you as a key player in supporting your son and/or daughter towards achieving their best. As we continue to build this portion of our site, please feel free to let us know what information you would like to see here.
Resources for Parents
Abuse, Bullying, Addiction, Health, Internet Safety, Peer Pressure, Relationships, Teen Suicide
SOS Safety Magazine is an Ontario Free resource and anyone can subscribe to the magazine directly to their inbox.SOS helps kids, parents, and educators start
Kids deal with bullying, drugs, addiction, mental health issues, and a growing list of threats regularly. Parents struggle to connect with their children and keep them safe, and educators are tasked with teaching life skills but often fail to address the real issues at hand.That’s where SOS Safety Magazine come in.
We start tough conversations when others won’t and create content that gives people the language they need to stay safe and keep the conversations going.
Whether we’re talking to kids directly about their problems or addressing a parent’s concerns on how to connect with their child about a difficult subject – we’re creating a place for families to come together and grow stronger through education and understanding.