Thank you for choosing Catholic education for your child and welcome to St. Mary's Catholic High School!
May 27, 2021
The following is being sent to LDCSB families on behalf of our local Health Units. Also, the Ontario government has created a webpage with information and resources on COVID-19 vaccines for youth.
Booking a COVID-19 vaccination appointment for your child
Vaccination is the single most important thing we can all do to protect ourselves and our community from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We are pleased to advise you that youth aged 12 and older in the province of Ontario are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine!
Health Canada has approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for youth this age group and has concluded it is both safe and effective for school-aged children. More information on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in children is available here.
Please find helpful information below about how to book an appointment for you child and things to keep in mind before they received their vaccine.
Here’s how to book an appointment:
● Book online at covidvaccinelm.ca
● Those who cannot book online may call 226-289-3560 (8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday to Sunday). Phone operations are limited, and online booking is more efficient.
Some key things to keep in mind when booking and preparing for the vaccination appointment:
● All individuals must be 12 years old or older at the time of their vaccine appointment but can book prior to turning 12. However, the appointment date must be after their 12th birthday.
● Ensure that your child brings identification, which includes their date of birth, to the clinic (e.g. health card, passport, birth certificate).
● Do not make a second dose appointment online. Second doses will be automatically booked when you at the clinic.
● A parent, guardian, or caregiver can accompany a child to their vaccination appointment. It is not required.
Tips for families who are looking to book as a group:
● Parents, guardians, and caregivers who have not yet been vaccinated are also encouraged to book a first dose appointment. Try booking appointments for your family using multiple devices at the same time.
● Each member of your group needs a separate appointment.
● If you are booking appointments for a group and want to attend appointments at the same clinic on the same day, around the same time, please select the first date where there are many appointments available This will make it more likely that another appointment is available close to your first booking.
● If two people from your family book on the same day, we will do our best to ensure you can be seen close together if you arrive at the clinic at the same time.
Looking for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine?
On vaccination day, make sure your child has a big meal, drinks lots of water and wears a short sleeve shirt. They may want to bring their favourite device with them (with headphones) to help them relax!
Dr. Christopher Mackie
Dr. Joyce Lock
May 27, 2021
To continue to support our schools, students, staff and families, the London District Catholic School Board is pleased to be able to facilitate voluntary targeted COVID-19 testing in partnership with Middlesex-London Health Unit/Southwestern Public Health and the Ministry of Education. In addition to daily screening, masking and the other health and safety measures, targeted testing in schools is an important layer of protection that helps to limit the spread of COVID-19. Targeted testing will help ensure that our schools remain a safe environment for all to learn and work in.
Targeted COVID-19 testing is voluntary for asymptomatic students and staff and will be offered on the following dates throughout the month of June at the locations and times listed below:
- June 2, 2021 – St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School – Cafeteria – 2:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- June 9, 2021 – Regina Mundi College – Rotunda Using Exits C and D – 2:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- June 16, 2021 – Saint Andre Bessette – Cafeteria – 2:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- June 23, 2021 – St. Joseph’s High – St. Thomas – Cafeteria – 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- June 30, 2021 – St. Mary’s High – Woodstock – Gymnasium – 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note: this testing opportunity is only for staff and students
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO PRE-REGISTRATION AND NO APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED.
Consent will be required from parents or guardians of students under 18 years old.
When you arrive at the testing location at the school, please make sure to be wearing a mask and bring your child's health card.
In-person registration material will be available in French and English.
The school and the school board will communicate with parents, guardians and staff should the need for future targeted testing dates arise.
To serve our students through excellence in Catholic education