School Messenger: Used to report child's absence, late arrival, early departure, and leave and return (i.e. doctor's appointments)
At London District Catholic School Board, one of our greatest priorities is ensuring that students have arrived safely at school each and every day. To enhance our existing absence-checking procedures, we are implementing a new system called SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger makes it easier than ever to report your child’s absence in advance. Instead of calling the school, you can report an absence through an app on your mobile device, through a website, or by calling a toll-free number.
Types of Absences I Can Manage with SchoolMessenger
• Full-Day Absence (1-5 days)
• Late Arrival
• Early Departure
• Leave and Return (i.e. doctor’s appointment)
How to Report an Absence Using SchoolMessenger:
• App: download and install the SchoolMessenger app (BLUE icon above) from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store. You will need to sign up for an account using your contact information the school already has on file. Once you are logged in, select Attendance then Report an Absence
• Website: Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/account/signup Once you are logged in, select Attendance then Report an Absence
• Phone: Call 1-833-275-6702 to report an absence using the automated phone system.
DO NOT email, send a note or call the school to report an absence.
These options are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Future absences can be reported at any time.
*School Messenger Letter February 2019
*fyi: December 2018
Please see the below message from West, with regards to the actions that have/are taking to resolve the issues that we (and their other customers) experience in the lead up to the Christmas Break, with the Safe Arrivals software.