Specialist High Skills Major
What are they?
- complete a specific bundle of 8-10 courses in the student's selected field;
- earn valuable industry certifications including first aid and CPR qualifications;
- gain important skills on the job with employers.
Who are they for?
Grade 11 and 12 students who are:
- heading for an apprenticeship, training, college, university or the workplace.
- wanting to identify, explore and refine their career goals and make informed choices about their next steps after secondary school.
How can they help?
Students have the opportunity to:
- Gain important skills on the job with actual employers, at skills training centres and at school.
- Earn valuable industry certifications, including first aid and CPR qualifications.
SHSM Programs Offered at St. Mary's High School:
Specialist High Skills Major Registration Information:
If you are in Grade 10 and interested in an SHSM for Grades 11 and 12, please complete the Application Form below and return to Guidance.